Global 1 is a California based licensed Third-Party Administrator (TPA) dedicated to developing an innovative medical payment and delivery system through its network of providers.
Responsible for patient registration, verify benefits and eligibility to determine financial responsibility. Notify patient of any outstanding deductible and co-insurance, prior to upcoming procedure/surgery.
- Coordinate with Billing Team the inbound email and fax communications to ensure timely processing and system updating of all inbound communications
- Patient registration
- Verify patient insurance benefits and determine patient financial responsibility
- Responsible to contact patient prior to surgery in order to notify financial obligations due
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong communication skills
- Aware of changing case scheduling conditions which require immediate attention
- Adaptable to a broad spectrum of provider office personalities
- Ability to concentrate on detailed requests simultaneously
- Ability to identify and calmly process inherently time-sensitive situations with professionalism
- Participates through teamwork by being flexible and adaptable with changing situations
- Must exhibit pleasant demeanor when communicating with patients, providers, and staff
- Able to initiate action when problem-solving situations arise
- Ability to follow direction and leadership of Management with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated to accomplish tasks
- Ability to plan, organize and execute in a self-motivated manner
- High School graduate/GED or relevant educational background
- Minimum of 1 year in healthcare industry
- Proficiency in MS office applications
- Working knowledge of CPT/ICD-10 and anesthesia cross walk
- Knowledge of insurance payors and plans
- Excellent customer support and data management experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use of hands-on tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand or reach.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision.
Reports to: Manager, Patient Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-exempt OSHA Task Category: II