Global One Ventures (G1) develops and administers innovative value-based care solutions through bundle development aimed at delivering cost-effective, high-quality surgical services efficiently throughout its network of ASCs. Our vision is simple healthcare, governed by free markets, where patients have transparent, upfront affordable pricing and confidence in high-quality outcomes.
Global One is a growing privately held company seeking a Provider Advocate to join the Carlsbad team. The Provider Advocate is responsible for the active engagement of Global 1’s network, providing tools and support to enhance and strengthen our partnerships. This is a field-based provider relations position primarily focused on educating, training, troubleshooting, supporting and growing existing Global 1 providers within the Southern CA region.
In this role, you will use your strong customer service orientation to serve as an advocate for providers in our network. Provider Advocates design and implement programs to build and nurture positive relationships between the Global 1 Program, providers (ASC, surgeon, anesthesia) and practice managers. The goal is to increase satisfaction through our provider’s ability to maximize the benefits of eligible bundled services processed through our program. Work from home and travel to sites primarily located in Los Angeles and the Inland Empire.
- Directs and implements strategies relating to the development and management of a provider network
- Identifies gaps in network composition and services to assist the network contracting and development staff in prioritizing contracting needs, as well as identifying and remediating operational short-falls and researching and remediating claims issues
- Supports the pursuit of new business opportunities by identifying new surgeons and facilities within assigned territory
- Engages, influences and supports providers through in-person meetings and phone calls
- Delivers provider presentations to effectively communicate the overall value proposition
- Identifies opportunities to grow cases within existing accounts
- Executes the on-boarding for all new providers within assigned territory
- Identifies turnover and retraining opportunities for surgeon and ASC staff as needed
- Facilitates regular meetings and calls with surgeons and ASC’s
- Partners with operational staff to resolve provider and patient service issues
- Travels to provider locations to meet with staff to maintain and establish relationships
- Updates and maintains Global 1’s proprietary database
- Analyze spreadsheets and databases to identify and prioritize opportunities for growth
Education & Experience
- BA degree in related field required
- 3 years of relevant work experience in (customer service, account management, sales), preferably in the healthcare field
- Customer support and data management experience
- Provider facing experience explaining contract/overview of reimbursement
- Knowledge of Financial risk types, such as IPA payment or Health Plan payment
- Capitation knowledge
- Knowledge of Healthcare exchange (Covered California)
- Familiar with claims and authorization process
- Familiar with Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Technical / Functional Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Windows and Office Suite experience
- Knowledge of basic software programs is required
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- The ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly
- Strong ability to establish positive working relationships with providers and internal staff
- Keen problem-solving skills, with excellent follow-through.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with direction from senior provider relations personnel
- Excellent communication skills (oral and in writing), and comfortable with public speaking
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with clients
- Exudes professionalism; is polished and energetic
- Passionate about a high quality, affordable healthcare and driven by the Global 1 mission
- Actively seeks opportunities to influence and build effective relationships and gain alignment with providers and internal staff
- Supports a collaborative work environment to ensure the best results for the team and company
- Effectively identifies issues, obstacles and opportunities and then develops and implements solutions
Physical Demands / Environment
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity and manual dexterity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
Travel: 80% local travel (by car) visiting providers within Southern CA territory
Job Type: Full-time